(Chief Technology Officer)
at Kyoto Group
Kyoto Group is a Norwegian company founded in 2016. Kyoto operates in the fast growing «green economy», with the aim to capture and manage the abundant energy from variable renewable sources such as solar and wind power.By storing the energy in its thermal battery (“the Heatcube”) Kyoto can play a key role in the decarbonisation of the industry, while also offering balancing and flexibility services to power producers and grid operators. The Company is an early mover in the thermal energy market, integrating both thermal sales and flexibility and by this making Kyoto highly competitive.
Kyoto Group is listed on Euronext Growth Oslo, and its head office is in Oslo.
Kyoto Group is currently looking for a very experienced CTO, and member of the company’s executive team. As CTO you will work closely with all parts of the organisation and be responsible for developing the company's technology strategy and the use of technological resources, as well as ensuring technology is used efficiently, profitably, and securely. The successful applicant is expected to stay on top of technology trends and developments, while also being responsible for working in compliance with relevant legal, regulatory, ethical and other internal guidelines as provided by the company’s Quality Management System (QMS).
Typical /Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for all technology that Kyoto develops, tests, manufactures and delivers to our customers.
- Responsible for developing the company's technology strategy.
- Responsible for the development of existing products and introduction of new products and solutions.
- Supporting the CEO in decision making regarding all technical IP that is generated through Kyoto partners, and to contribute in maintaining and managing the patent portfolio.
- Responsible for developing internal procedures that support the technology development strategy.
- Further, as part of the Company’s Management Group, the candidate is expected to engage in strategic cooperation processes, in M&A activities, ensuring alignment to company strategic business goals, and to partake in the preparation and participate in board meetings.
- The position is part of the Management Group and reports to the CEO.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 5-10 years of similar and relevant experience from international corporations, in developing comparable complete products and systems for serial production preferably from the wind, oil & gas, or solar power industries.
- The candidate should be able to provide documented results with success from developing competitive products and systems for an international market, and for serial production.
- You have previously demonstrated your ability to create and implement product development and technology development strategies and successfully delivered them in a complex environment.
- As this position is critical to the business it is crucial that the candidate is an experienced leader with demonstrated ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary teams of experts.
- Postgraduate degree within relevant technical engineering areas such as within mechanical, chemical or process related areas. Several years of relevant experience may be a substitute for lack of formal education.
- As an individual, you work in a structured and effective manner, you are highly analytical and bring a professional approach to Kyoto.
- You like to be busy and hands on, whilst maintaining a strategic perspective in everything you do, you are calm and able to focus on the matter at hand in every situation.
- This position requires the candidate to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals and styles, internally and externally, with a strong collaborative approach towards stakeholders and enjoy working in cross-functional teams.
- You enjoy working in a start-up culture, in the sense that you are adaptable, flexible and have a strong willingness to get the job done with the ability to go the extra mile that is required from time to time.
- Naturally, you should possess strong business skills, and the ability to work independently in a self-driven manner. You should also be able to develop and drive initiatives from idea to closure.
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Norwegian, other languages may be beneficial but not required.
- You respect and adhere to timelines.
Kyoto can offer
- A unique opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing company in the «green economy»
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Exciting challenges in an entrepreneurial business environment.
Further information about the position can be obtained from CEO Christopher Kjølner, tel. +47 90 53 19 62, or our advisers Trond Sandvik / Per Inge Hjertaker at Headvisor, tel. +47 950 55 233/+47 917 29 682. All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Please send your application and CV no later than 7th of September via www.headvisor.no
Kyoto launched the «Heatcube» in 2020. «Heatcube» is a thermal battery, enabling industrial consumption of low-cost heat sourced from excess solar and wind energy (excess meaning low priced electricity). Kyoto has developed their own energy management system, Kytopia SCADA to operate the «Heatcube». Kyoto Group has a strong financial position and board members with broad experience from large Norwegian and international companies. Everything is in place to create a new Norwegian industrial adventure.