EVP Business Development & Sales
at Kyoto Group
Kyoto Group is a Norwegian company founded in 2016. Kyoto operates in the fast growing «green economy», with the aim to capture and manage the abundant energy from variable renewable sources such as solar and wind power.By storing the energy in its thermal battery (“the Heatcube”) Kyoto can play a key role in the decarbonisation of the industry, while also offering balancing and flexibility services to power producers and grid operators. The Company is an early mover in the thermal energy market, integrating both thermal sales and flexibility and by this making Kyoto highly competitive.
Kyoto Group is listed on Euronext Growth Oslo, and its head office is in Oslo.
Kyoto Group is currently looking for a very experienced EVP Business Development & Sales, and member of the company`s executive team. As EVP Business Development & Sales you will have the global responsibility for business development and sales of all products and systems Kyoto offer to customers and partners. You will have direct impact on company growth as well as the future of the company. We are looking for an individual that is driven by sales and has a hands-on approach in relation to interaction with current and potential customers.
Typical /Key Responsibilities
- As this position reports directly into the CEO of Kyoto, the candidate is expected to take global responsibility and accountability for business development and sales for all products and systems Kyoto offer to customers.
- The Candidate is expected to define the company’s business development and sales strategy, set goals and develop KPI´s that supports the company´s overall strategy including: defining, developing and supervising Kyoto´s business development and sales organization. In addition, the Candidate is expected to develop new markets and new customer relations including develop key account management, and to develop business models and to participate in partner strategies.
- As part of the Company’s Management Group, the Candidate is expected to engage in strategic cooperation processes, in M&A activities, to ensure alignment to company strategic business goals, and to partake in the preparation and participate in Board meetings.
- Solid energy industry knowledge and more than 10 years’ experience from business development and technical B2B sales in complex international industries from comparable systems or products, preferably from the Wind, Oil & Gas, or Solar Power industries.
- The candidate should be able to provide documented results with success from business development and technical B2B sales from comparable products and systems in a global market.
- As this position is critical to the business it is crucial that the candidate is an experienced leader with demonstrated ability to build, lead and motivate a global business development and sales team
The candidate should be an excellent negotiator, with demonstrated experience in drafting, negotiating, and closing business development and sales contracts internationally.
- BSc / MSc in Engineering, Business or similar. Several years of relevant experience may be a substitute for the lack of formal degree.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work with international and diverse groups of individuals and styles.
- A very strong collaborative and commercial mindset, with a flexible approach, and possesses a very strong willingness to get the job done, including strong ability to develop and drive initiatives from idea to closure towards commercial success.
- Excellent ability to see new business opportunities and pursue them, both technically and commercially.
- Structured and effective with an analytical and professional approach.
- You enjoy working in a start-up culture, in the sense that you are adaptable, flexible and have a strong willingness to get the job done with the ability to go the extra mile that is required from time to time.
- Naturally you should possess strong business skills, as well as the ability to work in a self-driven and independent manner.
- You must have excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Norwegian, other languages may be beneficial but not required.
- You respect and adhere to timelines.
- You should be systematic, and able to multi-task.
- Proactive, analytical and market driven attitude.
- Great negotiation and strategic skills and the ability to build long lasting business relationships.
Kyoto can offer
- A unique opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing company in the «green economy»
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Exciting challenges in an entrepreneurial business environment.
Further information about the position can be obtained from CEO Christopher Kjølner, tel. +47 90 53 19 62, or our advisers Trond Sandvik / Per Inge Hjertaker at Headvisor, tel. +47 950 55 233/+47 917 29 682. All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Please send your application and CV no later than 7th of September via www.headvisor.no
Kyoto launched the «Heatcube» in 2020. «Heatcube» is a thermal battery, enabling industrial consumption of low-cost heat sourced from excess solar and wind energy (excess meaning low priced electricity). Kyoto has developed their own energy management system, Kytopia SCADA to operate the «Heatc7 ube». Kyoto Group has a strong financial position and board members with broad experience from large Norwegian and international companies. Everything is in place to create a new Norwegian industrial adventure.