EVP Sourcing & Supply chain
at Kyoto Group
Kyoto Group is a Norwegian company founded in 2016. Kyoto operates in the fast growing «green economy», with the aim to capture and manage the abundant energy from variable renewable sources such as solar and wind power.By storing the energy in its thermal battery (“the Heatcube”) Kyoto can play a key role in the decarbonisation of the industry, while also offering balancing and flexibility services to power producers and grid operators. The Company is an early mover in the thermal energy market, integrating both thermal sales and flexibility and by this making Kyoto highly competitive.
Kyoto Group is listed on Euronext Growth Oslo, and its head office is in Oslo.
Kyoto Group is currently looking for a very experienced EVP of Sourcing & Supply chain, and member of the company’s executive team. As EVP Sourcing & Supply chain you will have the full responsibility and accountability for the development, implementation, and execution of Kyoto´s strategic sourcing and Supply Chain Activities (SCM).
Typical /Key Responsibilities
- As this position reports directly to the CEO of Kyoto, the candidate is expected to take full responsibility and accountability for the development, implementation, and execution of Kyoto’s strategic sourcing and Supply Chain Activities (SCM).
- The candidate is expected to define the company’s SCM strategy, set goals and develop KPI’s that supports the company’s overall strategy including defining and developing Kyoto’s SCM organisation. In addition, the successful candidate is expected, on a day-by-day basis, to perform effectively as a leader and supervisor to the SCM organisation.
- As part of the Company’s Management Group, the candidate is expected to engage in strategic cooperation processes, as part of M&A activities, to ensure the successful completion of company strategic business goals. The candidate is also expected to be involved the preparation and participation of board meetings.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in SCM or related field from international corporations, within serial production, OEM of comparable systems or products, preferably from the wind, oil & gas, or solar power industries.
- The candidate should be able to provide documented results of success in developing and implementing efficient & effective Supply Chain Management processes, with the aim that the cost effectively supports the business growth strategy and drive cost down initiatives.
- The candidate has experience working with LEAN processes and production, and are able to define and implement optimisation initiatives in a complex, fast moving and creative environment.
- You have previously demonstrated your ability to create and implement Supply Chain Strategies and deliver on it in a complex environment.
- As this position is critical to the business it is crucial that the candidate is an experienced leader with demonstrated ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary teams.
- The candidate should be an experienced negotiator, with demonstrated experience in drafting and negotiating various contracts that secures cost effective contracts, as well as secure a strong collaboration with external stakeholders. Timely deliveries and high quality is essential to Kyoto, hence some experience and knowledge of Contract Management practices would be an advantage.
- Strategic sourcing is essential for this position; hence the candidate should demonstrate experience with market and supplier research, supplier evaluation, development, and approvals.
- Graduate or Postgraduate qualifications in Engineering, Business or equivalent within supply chain, sourcing and logistics. Several years of relevant experience may be a substitute for lack of formal education.
- As a person, you work in a structured and effective manner, you are highly analytical and bring a professional approach to Kyoto.
- You like to be busy and hands on, whilst maintaining a strategic perspective in everything you do, you are calm and able to focus on the objective in every situation.
- This position requires the candidate to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals and styles, internally and externally, with a strong collaborative approach towards stakeholders and enjoy working in cross-functional teams.
- You enjoy working in a start-up culture, in the sense that you are adaptable, flexible and have a strong willingness to get the job done with the ability to go the extra mile that is required from time to time.
- Naturally you should possess strong business skills, and you should have the ability to work independently in a self-driven manner, to secure success. This includes developing and driving initiatives from idea to closure.
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Norwegian, other languages may be beneficial but not required.
- You respect and adhere to timelines.
Kyoto can offer
- A unique opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing company in the «green economy»
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Exciting challenges in an entrepreneurial business environment.
Further information about the position can be obtained from CEO Christopher Kjølner, tel. +47 90 53 19 62, or our advisers Trond Sandvik / Per Inge Hjertaker at Headvisor, tel. +47 950 55 233/+47 917 29 682. All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Please send your application and CV no later than 7th of September via www.headvisor.no
Kyoto launched the «Heatcube» in 2020. «Heatcube» is a thermal battery, enabling industrial consumption of low-cost heat sourced from excess solar and wind energy (excess meaning low priced electricity). Kyoto has developed their own energy management system, Kytopia SCADA to operate the «Heatcube». Kyoto Group has a strong financial position and board members with broad experience from large Norwegian and international companies. Everything is in place to create a new Norwegian industrial adventure