Head of HR / HR Director
at Kyoto Group
Kyoto Group is a Norwegian company founded in 2016. Kyoto operates in the fast growing «green economy», with the aim to capture and manage the abundant energy from variable renewable sources such as solar and wind power.By storing the energy in its thermal battery (“the Heatcube”) Kyoto can play a key role in the decarbonisation of the industry, while also offering balancing and flexibility services to power producers and grid operators. The Company is an early mover in the thermal energy market, integrating both thermal sales and flexibility and by this making Kyoto highly competitive.
Kyoto Group is listed on Euronext Growth Oslo, and its head office is in Oslo.
Kyoto Group is currently looking for a very experienced head of HR and Organisational Development, and member of the company’s executive team. As the Head of HR you will give the shareholders a secure, long-term return on their investments by optimising the organisational efforts and individual skills in the company both operationally and strategically.
Typical /Key Responsibilities
- To ensure that Kyoto Group is recognised among the leading companies in the green energy sector as a reliable business partner, known for having a robust business principles and high ethical standards among its employees. Furthermore, to develop and manage the organisational frameworks, structures and processes that are required for the company`s growth and long-term success.
- To ensure that the human capital of the business is adequate, and that the company is able to recruit and retain talented staff and managers.
- Monitor the business’ needs from an organisational perspective.
- Develop a long-term organisational plan that reflects the business’ needs and establish the organisational processes and structures required.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and tactics to ensure that Kyoto Group, its subsidiaries and external partners adhere to its business principles.
- Provide organisational and HR support to greenfield and acquisition project teams as well as operating businesses and boards.
- Develop and implement a long-term HR plan including incentive schemes, succession planning, career development/ talent management, international pensions, training etc.
- Salary reviews and projections.
- Oversee all offboarding, onboarding and recruiting processes including establishing and maintaining professional relationships with external consultants.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within Organisational Development and/ or HR, both operational and on a strategic level in an international environment. Team management experience.
- Candidates must hold a master’s degree in a relevant discipline (Business, International Affairs, Economist, social/ political science, psychologist or similar) and must have demonstrated leadership skills.
- You are passionate about driving the renewable transformation and the decarbonization of the industry.
- You enjoy working in a start-up culture, in the sense that you are adaptable, flexible and have a strong willingness to get the job done with the ability to go the extra mile that is required from time to time.
- You are systematic, self-driven and have a hands-on attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work with international and diverse groups of individuals and styles.
- Strong ability to influence
- Operational and hands-on, and a strategic thinker.
- Experienced senior manager
- International business experience
- Excellent written and oral verbal communication skills in English and Norwegian, other languages may be beneficial.
Kyoto can offer
- A unique opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing company in the «green economy»
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Exciting challenges in an entrepreneurial business environment.
Further information about the position can be obtained from CEO Christopher Kjølner, tel. +47 90 53 19 62, or our advisers Trond Sandvik / Per Inge Hjertaker at Headvisor, tel. +47 950 55 233/+47 917 29 682. All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Please send your application and CV no later than 9th of September via www.headvisor.no
Kyoto launched the «Heatcube» in 2020. «Heatcube» is a thermal battery, enabling industrial consumption of low-cost heat sourced from excess solar and wind energy (excess meaning low priced electricity). Kyoto has developed their own energy management system, Kytopia SCADA to operate the «Heatcube». Kyoto Group has a strong financial position and board members with broad experience from large Norwegian and international companies. Everything is in place to create a new Norwegian industrial adventure.