at Kyoto Group
Kyoto Group is a Norwegian company founded in 2016. Kyoto operates in the fast growing «green economy», with the aim to capture and manage the abundant energy from variable renewable sources such as solar and wind power. By storing the energy in its thermal battery (“the Heatcube”) Kyoto can play a key role in the decarbonisation of the industry, while also offering balancing and flexibility services to power producers and grid operators. The Company is an early mover in the thermal energy market, integrating both thermal sales and flexibility and by this making Kyoto highly competitive.
Kyoto Group is listed on Euronext Growth Oslo, and its head office is in Oslo.
Kyoto Group is currently looking for an experienced Test Lead. As the Test Lead in Kyoto, you will have the technical responsibility for our R&D site and to run it together with our skilled R&D team.
Typical /Key Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the design and construction of lab scale- and prototype systems.
- You will be responsible for the planning, specification, execution, and reporting of test activities.
- You will be responsible for HSE and quality on the R&D site.
- The position reports directly to the CTO.
- More than 5 years of experience within design and testing of mechanical and hydraulic systems that has been implemented in serial production. Specifically experience with pumps, valves, piping, heaters, and heat exchangers are relevant.
- Experienced in using sensors for monitoring process performance. Specifically experience with level-, temperature-, pressure- and flow sensors are relevant.
- Have experience with risk mitigation using design- or process FMEA and Risk Assessment (HSE) methodology.
- Experienced in gathering, analysing, concluding and communicating data in an efficient and understandable manner.
- Experience in working with high temperature systems >500 degree Celsius is an advantage.
- MSc within mechanical engineering, process engineering or similar.
- You are passionate about driving the renewable transformation and the decarbonisation of the industry.
- You are systematic, self-driven and have a hands-on attitude. You like to be busy and hands on, whilst maintaining a strategic perspective in everything you do, you are calm and able to focus on the objective in every situation.You enjoy working in a start-up culture, in the sense that you are adaptable, flexible and have a strong willingness to get the job done with the ability to go the extra mile that is required from time to time.
- Naturally you should possess strong business skills, and the ability to work in a self-drives and independent manner, to secure success, this includes developing an driving initiatives from idea to closure,
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English. Norwegian is a bonus.
- You respect and adhere to timelines.
Kyoto can offer
- A unique opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing company in the «green economy»
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Exciting challenges in an entrepreneurial business environment.
Further information about the position can be obtained from interim CTO Bjarke Buchberg, tel. +47 45845766, or our advisers Trond Sandvik / Per Inge Hjertaker at Headvisor, tel. +47 950 55 233/+47 917 29 682. All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Please send your application and CV no later than 7th of September via www.headvisor.no
Kyoto launched the «Heatcube» in 2020. «Heatcube» is a thermal battery, enabling industrial consumption of low-cost heat sourced from excess solar and wind energy (excess meaning low priced electricity). Kyoto has developed their own energy management system, Kytopia SCADA to operate the «Heatcube». Kyoto Group has a strong financial position and board members with broad experience from large Norwegian and international companies. Everything is in place to create a new Norwegian industrial adventure.