at Kyoto Group
Kyoto Group is a Norwegian company founded in 2016. Kyoto operates in the fast growing «green economy», with the aim to capture and manage the abundant energy from variable renewable sources such as solar and wind power.By storing the energy in its thermal battery (“the Heatcube”) Kyoto can play a key role in the decarbonisation of the industry, while also offering balancing and flexibility services to power producers and grid operators. The Company is an early mover in the thermal energy market, integrating both thermal sales and flexibility and by this making Kyoto highly competitive.
Kyoto Group is listed on Euronext Growth Oslo, and its head office is in Oslo.
Would you like to make green energy available for everyone and be part of one of the coolest companies to revolutionize the delivery of renewable energy, and does it motivate you to be in the frontline of the industry, where you are responsible for sourcing and negotiating our key supply contracts?We are rapidly expanding our business and are currently looking to welcome two Sourcing Managers to our Sourcing and Supply Chain team. The positions are divided and responsible for two different areas/markets, electrical and mechanical equipment. The candidates we are looking for must have experience from one of these. The positions report directly to EVP Sourcing and Supply chain.
Typical /Key Responsibilities
- To develop and implement sourcing strategies related to our HeatcubeTM projects.
- Manage sourcing activities and commercial negotiations of supply and installation contracts.
- Ensure that products and services are delivered according to plans, budget, and qualitative parameters.
- Support the project management team to ensure professional coordination with suppliers, partners, and sub-contractors for the completion of our sites.
- Work closely with the technical development to ensure the best possible TCO solutions.
- You have completed a bachelor or master’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- You have minimum 5 years of experience within project management, sourcing or purchasing, where you have been responsible for sourcing, negotiations, and execution of contracts.
- You have a solid commercial and contractual understanding and poses strong business acumen.
- You can establish good relationships with your colleagues and other stakeholders as well as motivating your teams.
- You are comfortable working in a complex and constantly changing environment.
- Proactive, analytical and market driven attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work with international and diverse groups of individuals and styles.
- You enjoy working in a start-up culture, in the sense that you are adaptable, flexible and have a strong willingness to get the job done with the ability to go the extra mile that is required from time to time.
- Strong business skills, and the ability to work independently in a self-driven manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Norwegian, other languages may be beneficial.
- You respect and adhere to timelines.
Kyoto can offer
- A unique opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing company in the «green economy»
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Exciting challenges in an entrepreneurial business environment.
A great opportunity to take on a role with great responsibility in the renewable industry and be part of scaling up a fast-growing company, where you will work and benefit from diverse, and progressive working environment in a flat company hierarchy.
Location: Phillip Pedersens Vei 11, Lysaker, Oslo
Further information about the position can be obtained from hiring manager Peter Iversen at firstname.lastname@example.org +45 30681712 or our advisers Trond Sandvik / Per Inge Hjertaker at Headvisor, tel. +47 950 55 233/+47 917 29 682. All inquiries will be treated confidentially. Please send your application and CV no later than 19th of November via www.headvisor.no
Kyoto launched the «Heatcube» in 2020. «Heatcube» is a thermal battery, enabling industrial consumption of low-cost heat sourced from excess solar and wind energy (excess meaning low priced electricity). Kyoto has developed their own energy management system, Kytopia SCADA to operate the «Heatcube». Kyoto Group has a strong financial position and board members with broad experience from large Norwegian and international companies. Everything is in place to create a new Norwegian industrial adventure.